Exclusive! Vegan Nacho Cheese on Deck!!! Try It For Yourself, It Won’t Disappoint!
I love nachos. After transitioning to a vegan diet, I was a bit sad because I felt I no longer would have an opportunity to delight in the nacho deliciousness that I love. That is until I visited Sunshine Health Food Store in Houston, Texas. This is where I found out it was possible to get the same deliciousness without meat or dairy. They have some great nachos and what makes it great is the nacho cheese. However, I knew that I could make my own but the key would be the cheese. I just needed to figure out how to make it. After all I believe that as a part of this diet you have to create or re-create. So it takes a willingness to get creative in order to be successful on this journey. I’ve experimented with cashew cheese I can say confidently that I have created the holy grail of vegan nacho cheese and I want to share this with you. The outcome was the beautiful nachos you see in the picture. Because I’m sharing this with you, you must promise to make them, try them, and leave me a comment below letting me know how you like them. So, you promise? Good. Here it goes. Enjoy.
- 1½ c. cashews
- 16 oz water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbs. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground mustard spice
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 5-10 pickled jalepeno rings (mild, medium, or hot depending on your heat desire)
- ¾ can of rotel (drained)
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 1-2 tsp of tapioca flour or cornstarch (use once the mixture is heating on stove)
- Boil cashews in water for 10 minutes.
- Place boiled cashews with water and all other ingredients except the tapioca flour into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour contents into a small pot on the stove on medium heat stirring frequently. Once hot, add in tapioca flour and wisk. The mixture will become more smooth and creamy.
- Turn off heat and remove from stove's eye. Devour with your favorite tortilla chip! Enjoy.
Do you like cake?
Of course you do! How about vegan chocolate cake? Download the recipe here, then access other recipes on my Sol Kissed Recipes page.