Grown and Sexy Ramen Noodles
Who loves Ramen noodles? Okay maybe just me. This was my college staple! However, these noodles right here are the “grown and sexy” version of my college delicacy. Real Asian noodles, fresh veggies and Chinese Five Spice which is a mixture of Star Anise, Cloves, Chinese Cinnamon, Schichaun peppercorn, Fennel Seeds, and Ginger. Not to mention liquid aminos (which are gluten and gmo free) providing the taste of soy sauce with less sodium and more flavor. A fresher version of the ramen delicacy that is tastier—I’m all into that!
One day I had a craving for ramen noodles. But you know when you are grown and sexy you can’t partake in the sodium laden ramen seasoning right? I’m not about that life you know the one that makes your blood pressure immediately spike to abnormal levels. Yeah that life. Not about it!
Well I figured out a way to make them healthier than your regular run of the mill ramen and also added some veggies. My sister-in-law (who is not vegan) loved them! The noodles were kid approved but of course we are still working on the veggie part with the kiddos and the husband went back for seconds. I think that is success! These are quick and easy and you can whip them up in a jiff. So try them and let me know in the comments what you think. Enjoy!
- 8 oz or 3 bundles of Asian noodles (egg free) or rice noodles
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ fresh onion diced
- 1 inch of ginger minced
- 3-4 tsp of Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 bushes of fresh broccoli (stems cut) use florets only
- ½ cup of asparagus chopped
- ½ cup carrots diced or match-sticks
- ½ cup of bean sprouts or broccoli slaw (found mine in HEB)
- Optional: Add fresh mushroom, snap peas, and jalapeno.
- 3-4 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1-2 tbs. Chinese Five Spice
- Boil noodles until tender 2-3 minutes. Let drain and sit in a bowl of ice water. Once cooled, drain well.
- Heat 2tbs oil in a pan until hot. Add in half of the garlic, half of the onion, and half of the ginger and sautee until tender.
- Add in noodles and cook noodles until noodles are crisp.
- Add in 3-4 tsp of liquid aminos and stir around until noodles are coated and caramelized in the sauce. Remove from pan.
- Over medium high heat, heat 2tbs of oil in pan (or wok) and allow to heat. Add in other halves of garlic, onion, and ginger, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, and broccoli slaw or bean sprouts. Optional: Add fresh mushroom, snap peas, and jalapeno.
- Combine and cover with a top to steam. I usually turn down the heat at this point because once covered, the heat will allow the veggies to produce their own natural water causing it to steam. If you feel it needs a little water, I would suggest only adding only a little bit. Start with 1 tbs at a time as you don't want your veggies sitting in water losing their nutrients.
- Once the veggies are a bright color uncover and add in liquid aminos and Chinese five spice.
- Combine thoroughly. Add in more liquid aminos or Chinese Five Spice to taste if you feel it needs additional seasoning.
- Place noodles in a bowl top with veggies and enjoy!
Do you like cake?
Of course you do! How about vegan chocolate cake? Download the recipe here, then access other recipes on my Sol Kissed Recipes page.