Golden Milk is Royalty in a Cup! I love love love love this drink. I ran across several recipes on Pinterest and decided to try my hand at making my own utilizing several different recipes. Since I posted this picture, I have gotten people asking about what it is or what is in it. So I decided I should post the simple recipe. Golden milk has several benefits because it contains Tumeric and Coconut Milk. The benefits that I’ve found in my research are: 1) lowering blood sugar levels, 2) helps with digestive issues 3) soothes inflammation and much more.
Include this drink as a perfect pairing to your nighttime routine. Check out my nighttime routine here and see how you can incorporate some of this into your daily self care practice!
Share this recipe with your friends! Enjoy!
- 2 tsp ground Tumeric
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger (I used grated fresh ginger)
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cloves (optional)
- 1 c. Almond Milk (or the nut milk of your preference)
- ½ c. coconut milk (I used reduced fat)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Agave Nectar (to taste)
- Combine all spices as well as fresh ginger in a bowl. (If you like you can create a paste of the spices by adding a little coconut milk to get the spices damp enough to make a paste consistency). In a pot on medium heat, heat almond milk, coconut milk, vanilla together and bring to a simmer. Add in spices and stir until all spices are mixed in. Once mixed in, add agave nectar to taste. Pour into a cup and enjoy.
Do you like cake?
Of course you do! How about vegan chocolate cake? Download the recipe here, then access other recipes on my Sol Kissed Recipes page.