Vegan Fudgy Chocolate Black Bean Brownies
I love a great brownie! So when I found a recipe, I adapted some of the ingredients to conform to my vegan lifestyle. Remember, “Create or Re-create” is my mantra. Besides the fact that you will not be able to tell there are black bean in these brownies, these fudgy homemade brownies offer taste, comfort, and most importantly fiber. Most of us lack an adequate amount of fiber in our diets which makes for some inadequate operation—if you know what I mean. (wink) So these brownies are perfect. They provide the ooey-gooey goodness you get from a dairy filled treat without the dairy and a healthy amount of fiber. Try these suckers out. I promise that you will enjoy them.
As always, make sure you comment with what you think about this recipe. I welcome all feedback especially from my newbie vegans in the process of working through this journey.
*Side Note*- if you can, try to use black beans that are organic and in a BPA free can. Be good to your body by avoiding the toxins and opting to a better option. However, if it is too costly do what you can and catch the organic on sale! (wink) Enjoy!
******Bonus!!! If you like chocolate cake, download this awesome recipe HERE!******
- 1 c. black beans with brine
- ½ c. coconut oil melted
- ¼ c. cocao powder
- ½ c. wheat flour
- 1½ c. sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- ½ T. tapioca flour
- ½ c. dairy free chocolate chips
- Optional Ingredient: Your favorite nut- enough to sprinkle on the top
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a square baking pan 8x8 with parchment paper and set aside.
- Puree black beans in your food processor and add to mixing bowl.
- Mix in melted coconut oil into beans.
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Once mix add them into the wet ingredients ½ cup at a time until all ingredients are added and mixed thoroughly.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle nuts on the top and bake for 45 minutes or until center is baked. Test with a toothpick. (Make sure you don't overcook or the brownies will be hard)
- Best served warm and with vegan ice cream!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe below, check your email, and enjoy! You will then be redirected to my recipes page!